Jump to Navigation

Indiana Green Card Lawyer

A permanent resident card, which is commonly referred to as a green card, is evidence that the alien bearer maintains permanent residency status in the United States. Each year, thousands of foreigners obtain green cards through employment or through family members who have already established themselves in the U.S.

The Law Office of Jonathan Bruce in Carmel, Indiana, helps businesses, universities and hospitials obtain green cards for professionals at all skill levels. We also work with immigrants throughout Indiana and overseas who are seeking permanent residency status for themselves and family members.

Carmel Indiana Permanent Resident Status Attorney

Relatives of U.S. citizens, including spouses, children, brothers or sisters, may be eligible to obtain a permanent resident card. Additionally, relatives of lawful permanent residents, including spouses, children, stepchildren and adopted children, may also be able to obtain a green card.

A second mechanism to obtain a permanent resident card is through employment-based immigration. Employment-based immigration is divided into four separate categories:

EB-1 immigrant status — allows individuals with extraordinary abilities in professions in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics to gain permanent residency.

EB-2 immigrant status — provides permanent residency to qualified professionals who hold advanced degrees, or professionals who have at least five years of progressive post-baccalaureate experience, or persons of exceptional ability in the arts, sciences or business.

EB-3 visa — covers skilled workers and professionals, as well as unskilled workers. The foreign national must have a permanent, full-time job offer from a U.S. employer. The employer needs to start the process by obtaining an approved labor certification from the U.S. Department of Labor confirming that the employer attempted to recruit U.S. workers for the job, but found none who are willing and qualified.

EB-4 visa — concerns special immigrants including ministers, religious workers, as well as current or former United States government workers, foreign medical graduates, children dependent on a U.S. juvenile court and international broadcasters.

An alternate method for obtaining a permanent resident card in the United States is an investment visa (also referred to as an EB-5 visa). Applicants for a green card based on investment must not only invest between $500,000 and $1 million in a U.S. business, they must take an active role in that business (though they don't need to control it).

There are alternative mechanisms of obtaining permanent residency, including the green card lottery, adoption and asylum, as well as through a private congressional bill. We can assess the facts of your case and recommend a course of action.

Speak With An Experienced Green Card Lawyer Today

Whether you are a foreign worker, an employer seeking to sponsor a skilled employee or an individual interested in becoming a legal resident through a family-based resident card, I can answer your questions and guide you through this complex process. Call 859-905-9678 or use our contact form to schedule an appointment with an experienced Indiana green card attorney.


Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Office Location

Law Offices of Jonathan Bruce
Indiana Location:

30 E. Main St
Carmel, IN 46032
Local: 859-905-9678

Fax: 513-386-7311

Carmel Law Office Map

Kentucky/Cincinnati, OH location:

7000 Houston Road, Suite 3

Florence, KY 41042