Jump to Navigation

Child Support

Indiana Child Support Attorney

Child support is a crucial part of looking out for your child's best interests. In order to preserve your rights and the interests of your child fully, it is essential to consult a skilled family lawyer when establishing child support. Whether you are the parent obligated to pay support or the one seeking support payments, Jonathan Bruce is here to help make this process go as effectively and smoothly as possible. Contact my Carmel law firm for assistance in Indiana.

Whether you are going through a divorce or are addressing child support issues outside of marriage, you likely have many questions about your rights, obligations and the child support process. As an experienced family law attorney, I can address your questions and concerns. Here are answers to some common questions:

Who is responsible for child support?

  • The child's natural father, once paternity has been established
  • A biological parent
  • Adoptive parents

How are child support payments calculated in Ohio and Indiana?

There are specific guidelines to calculating child support payments. These calculations have been set forth by the Ohio and Indiana Supreme courts and do have the ability to be challenged or modified. These payments are to be in the best interests of the child and are to include health care and medical expense allowances. The government provides for wage garnishment from the individual's paycheck in order to ensure payments are made.

How long will child support be paid?

Child support usually ceases after the child turns 18 years of age. However, if the child is still in high-school, child support payments will not cease until graduation or the child's 19th birthday. This does not apply when the child involved is mentally or physically disabled.

Are there penalties for non payment?

Enforcement of child support orders is a serious matter. Individuals found to have not paid child support deliberately may face consequences. The person can be:

  • Charged with "contempt of court"
  • Ordered to pay court costs (including attorney fees)
  • Sentenced to jail time

Can child support payments be modified?

When there is a significant change in circumstances, such as a change in income or living arrangements, parties may petition the court for a modification in child support. I can represent you in child support modifications and related matters when they arise.

Call Law Office of Jonathan Bruce for Help

The end of a marriage is stressful, when children are factored into the equation, it can become unbearable. Having the right representation can mean a world of difference. You need someone looking out for your best interests and that of you child. Please Contact today to discuss how I can help you.


Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Office Location

Law Offices of Jonathan Bruce
Indiana Location:

30 E. Main St
Carmel, IN 46032
Local: 859-905-9678

Fax: 513-386-7311

Carmel Law Office Map

Kentucky/Cincinnati, OH location:

7000 Houston Road, Suite 3

Florence, KY 41042